A scheme to create about 10,000 sq ft of retail and restaurant space in the heart of Belgravia has moved a step closer.
The Grade II-listed Pantechnicon building has been the jewel in the crown of Motcomb Street since it was built in 1830.
Originally designed as a bazaar, it has since been occupied by a range of retail and office occupiers.
The three-storey building is owned by Grosvenor Estates, which will now transform the Belgravia landmark to create a high-end commercial venue.
Behind the redeveloped building’s neoclassical façade will be a basement suitable for a café or bar. The ground floor, double-height mezzanine level and interconnected spaces on the second and third floors will offer open-plan retail space, according to Grosvenor Estates, and the creation of a glass terrace on the roof will provide a second area for eating and drinking.